Executive Officer Position
State Street Theater Co. is seeking an experienced executive director, preferably in the non-profit arena. Skill sets required: Experience working with boards and volunteers; finance and accounting; communication: verbal, written, social mediums, presentations; building and grounds oversight. Preferred if background also includes experience in development, fund-raising, and grant-writing.
Abbreviated Position Description:
Purpose of the position: The Executive Director will work collaboratively with the Board of Directors of State Street Theater Co. to strategically lead the organization and ensure its continued position as a leading performing arts center in southern Minnesota. Together with the Executive Committee of the Board, will have responsibility in implementing board-adopted strategies and actions that realize fulfillment of the Mission and purpose of the State Street Theater Co:
- To foster the joy and art of theater to people of all ages and backgrounds in and around New Ulm, Minnesota via education and productions.
- To responsibly care for and interpret its historic site and murals on behalf of those same residents and patrons.
- To provide its spaces to the regional community.
To fulfill the foregoing, the Executive Director will undertake responsibilities in each of the following functions:
- Board and Executive Committees
- Finance and Accounting
- Building and Grounds
- And other areas as assigned or as they arise
(The comprehensive Position Description will be provided at time of an interview.)
Reports to: The Board of Directors through its Executive Committee.
To apply: Provide resume to email@example.com
Include three references
Include cover letter describing your interest in this position
Submit by February 15, 2023
Administrative Assistant Position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors of SSTC in carrying out the theater’s program of work.
OVERVIEW: This part-time position requires familiarity with use of various office platforms, basic bookkeeping skills, communication skills. The individual must be comfortable working with volunteers, patrons, and those using the theater space. Past experience working with non-profit businesses and volunteers would be helpful. The position requires maintaining office hours at the theater. Some flexibility is possible. This position will work closely with the Office Administrator of SSTC.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Minimum, high school diploma, plus related experience; preferred, some secondary education in Business Administration and/or Communications, plus related work experience helpful.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Proficiency with Office 365, Excel, and related software; data entry; good verbal and writing skills; social media communication; familiarity with basic bookkeeping; calendaring.
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL BENEFICIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE: Data entry to subsidiary journals; administrative work with grants or capital campaigns; past experience working with or being a volunteer.
REPORTS TO: The Office Administrator and the Chief Financial Officer
- Retrieve phone messages and appropriately delegate or respond.
- Extract from QuickBooks financial reports and enter into Excel subsidiary journals, event budgets, and grant tracking, assuring they are up to date.
- Prepare correspondence to be signed by others or self, especially donation acknowledgements.
- Track, graph and measure data from events.
- Assist SSTC grant writers in preparing grant requests and tracking of grants received
- Coordinate SST’s volunteer sign-up app and maintain volunteer data bases
- Handle out-of-office tasks such as delivering tickets, picking up print materials, bank runs
- Maintain Bar/concession inventories; ordering of items; prep for events
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
NOTE: The foregoing does not comprise the entirety of tasks as the diversity of theater activities and functions will require flexibility and other actions as projects or situations merit.
Provide resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.